Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Sixty Ninth, Mar. 10, 2011

Common sense, oh common sense!
Wherefore art thou, common sense?
I mourn the loss of you in my life
like a lover stealing away my heart!

I feel a whisper of your presence
and turn with hopes of finding you,
only to have them dashed again
as I find only cheap impostors.

Oh how I yearn for your embrace,
to hold you once more in my mind
and know the comfort you offer!
Life is cold without you, my desire!

I know why you hide yourself away.
You have felt the sting of rejection!
Many others overlook and ignore you
seeing only their heart's desire, Greed!

I beg you to return once more to me
that I may bask in your wisdom
and learn life's lessons at your feet
that I may become as you wish me,

Sane in an insane world....

2 comments:

  1. As my grandmama used to say, "Common sense ain't common."

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many "opposites" of common sense, I fear: one is greed...let's name more. Today I have none to offer as a starter list...please help.

    ReplyDelete