Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Sixty Eighth, Mar. 9, 2011

I have spent my life
seeking understanding
of who I am and why
by looking within

the answer isn't there
only a path to follow
a direction to head
and yet more questions

Who is a fluid concept
changing constantly
as growth moves on
I become something new

I am what the why makes
as each action builds me
the motivation defines
eliminating the blurring

new thought: I am why I am
it seems to work for me
as long as I keep doing
for the right reasons.

2 comments:

  1. stanza 3...where is the "supposed" punctuation? It reads so many different ways. This expression today seems very fluid itself. I like that the the poem reflects the thought and the thought is reflected in the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent some time contemplating that stanza and punctuation and finally decided that I preferred the flexibility of the thought. It allows the meaning to be determined by the reader and relates it to their thoughts at the time, altering the over all message only slightly.

    ReplyDelete