Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The One Hundred Eightieth, June 28, 2011

looking at the plate
feeling rather sad
not the lunch I want
but this one isn't bad

diets really truly suck
removing the pleasure
depriving of the joy
stealing all my treasure

just simple and green
no great aromas lifting
even with dressing
it isn't very uplifting

wanting corn chips
salsa loaded with salt
with a flavor so good
making the heart halt

sometime I wonder why
live healthy live longer
eat a proper diet each day
make your heart stronger

but there comes a point
where the balance tips
and healthy gets a shove
as flavor passes the lips

who wants to live forever
if it is always so boring
sitting to your meals
and ending up snoring

I need something bad
fattening starches today
loaded with those carbs
it is not coming my way

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes...but I want some deep insight, not an adult view of the world. If we'd begun from day one with amazing insight into such matters, could we have prevented such strife? It's too late now, I know. It's too idealistic to think we could live the ideal life. Is knowing that so many are in the same boat help? Can we force someone to understand this at a younger age or must each person live with their own regret? Can we blame our parents forever? I shake my head, not knowing. I take full responsibility today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted the noodles with corned beef and swiss from the potato place for my lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this poem touches my heart. Food, glorious food. I can relate to this.

    ReplyDelete