Saturday, July 2, 2011

The One Hundred Eighty Fourth, July 2, 2011

I enjoy the excitement
of being in a new place
of seeing all new sights
of not the same old things

moving through my mind
exciting all of my senses
new sounds dancing with me
scents floating to enfold me

every experience is new
like being born again
but aware of it this time
living a life filled with firsts

while this is so very special
it reminds me of my world
and how much I miss in it
that make it fresh each day

not homesickness you see
but rather understanding
that ever day is unique
if we simply look for it

2 comments:

  1. The question needs to be asked, "When you started this poem, did you already miss your world, or did it rise up into your throat and fingers after you began writing about the senses you were experiencing?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem reminds me to always see things with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete