Thursday, June 30, 2011

The One Hundred Eighty Second, June 30, 2011

I very much want to be happy
but education ruined my life
changing things forever
robbing me of my bliss

I can't enjoy television
I seek deeper meanings
critiquing the deliveries
questioning the motives

forget Hollywood too
I analyze every plot twist
seeing flaws that annoy me
where before all was good

I can't listen to people now
I wonder at their agenda
picking apart their words
looking for invalid arguments

thinking critically enlightens
but it deprives you as well
they say ignorance is bliss
then knowledge is sadness

2 comments:

  1. Luckily, life is more than television, Hollywood, and people's agendas. Be fierce in seeking out your bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think education ruined your happiness. Life itself is an education. It is your maturity and intellectual ability that makes you analyse. Yes, sometimes knowledge may bring sadness but it can bring happiness too. Sorry I am not very good at words so I hope I got my message across.

    ReplyDelete